WESTPORT, Conn. – Wakeman Town Farm is teaming with Gilbertie’s Herb Gardens for a Christmas tree and greenery sale on Saturday, Dec. 6, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., followed by a festive Christmas Tree lighting starting at 4 p.m.
Join Sal Gilbertie and the Wakeman Town Farm team at for an array of holiday trees, wreaths and greenery. The tree lighting is a revival of a longtime Wakeman Family tradition. The farmers will light the tree and visitors will enjoy a mug of hot chocolate or coffee from Steam Coffee Bar and Shearwater Coffee, and a few treats around the bonfire with friends and neighbors to kick off the season. The event is free and open to the public.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Christmas tree and greenery sale
- Noon and 1 p.m. – Sal Gilbertie demonstrates how to make festive swags and greenery
- 4 p.m. – Meet the farm's new alpacas
- 4:30-5 p.m. – Wakeman Farm Tree Lighting Celebration
- Enjoy holiday music by the Coleytown Middle School Band. Warm up by the fire pit and enjoy live music, complimentary coffee, hot cocoa and baked goodies from Shearwater organic coffee roasters and Steam Coffee Bar of Westport.
- 5:15 p.m. – Join the Wakeman Family as they light the Wakeman Farm tree and kick off the holidays
Wakeman Town Farm is located at 134 Cross Highway, Westport.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.