WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Senior Center will host a seminar on downsizing from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 23.
The seminar is at the senior center, 21 Imperial Ave. It is limited to the first 50 registrants and will be presented by Cheryl Scott-Daniels, who is the Broker/Owner of CSD Select Homes in Westport. She is also the immediate past President of the Mid-Fairfield County Association of Realtors, Chairman of the Board of Directors for The Greater Fairfield County Multiple Listing System, and was named The Connecticut 2010 State Realtor of The Year.
Paul J. Piasecki, CPA, CDFA, CDS, and Beth Holland, president of Neatness Counts!, also will be on the panel.
The seminar will focus on people who are considering a change, want to move closer to loved ones, pay off a mortgage or get relief from the burden of upkeep.
The panelists will discuss questions on downsizing, such as:
- Timing - When’s the best time for me to sell?
- Values - I look at Zillow all the time ... how does Zillow’s Zestimate compare to my home’s true value? What’s the best pricing strategy for my home?
- Taxes - What are the tax benefits/liabilities when buying/selling? Will CT conveyance tax, capital gains or net investment income tax affect me?
- Preparations - How do I organize my home for the market? How do I know what to keep, pack, or toss? How does staging add value to my property?
- Marketing - What improvements bring the greatest return? When do buyers get their first impression of my home? What’s the best way to get buyers to write a knock-my-socks-off offer on my home
Click here to register for the event or contact 203-341-5099 for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.