WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Library will host the Virtual Vacation film series this month. Each screening is free and will be displayed in the McManus Room at 2 p.m. on each Tuesday in August.
Here is the lineup of the featured movies:
- Wes Anderson’s “The Grand Budapest Hotel” opens the series on Aug. 5. Starring Ralph Fiennes, this film tells the story of Gustave H, a concierge at a famous European hotel before World War II.
- On Aug. 12, “A Birder’s Guide to Everything,” starring Ben Kingsley will be screened. This film follows a 15-year old bird fanatic who embarks on a road trip with his friends to solidify their place in birding history.
- “The Great Beauty,” starring Toni Servillo and directed by Paolo Sorrentino, will be shown on Aug. 19. This film about decadence and love won the 2014 Oscar for Best Foreign Film. It’s presented in Italian with English subtitles.
- “In Le Week-end” closes the series on Aug. 26. In this film, Academy Award winner Jim Broadbent and Lindsay Duncan play a British couple revisiting Paris for the first time since their honeymoon in an attempt to rekindle their relationship.
The Westport Library is located at 20 Jesup Road.
For more information, call 203-291-4800 or visit the Westport Library website.
- 1 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Westport
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 4 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport Tuesday