WESTPORT, CONN. – The “Line of March" for the Memorial Day Parade this Monday, May 25 is available.
The number next to the unit corresponds to numbers on Riverside Avenue. The numbers start at Saugatuck Elementary School. All units must be in position by 8:15 a.m.; the parade starts promptly at 9 a.m. and will end in Parker-Harding Plaza. Memorial services will follow immediately at Veteran’s Green.
If the parade is canceled due to extreme weather conditions, call the Parks and Recreation Department at (203) 341-5074 or click here for announcements. Announcements also will be made on WICC 600AM. In the event the parade is canceled, memorial services will be at 10 a.m. in the Town Hall auditorium.
Unit commanders are asked to keep pace with the unit in front; do not straggle. Units with small children must keep ranks closed up. There will be absolutely no throwing of anything to the crowd. Any unit throwing objects immediately will be withdrawn from the parade.
1. Park City Pride Drum Corps
2. Westport Police Department
3. Westport Volunteer EMS
4. Grand Marshal – Bruce M. Allen
5. Aides to Grand Marshal – World War II Veterans
6. Dignitaries - RTM Members
7. Westport Community Band
8. Connecticut Veterans Honor Guard
9. August Matthias Post 563 – American Legion Joseph J. Clinton Post 399 – Veterans of Foreign Wars
10. VFW Auxiliary Float
11. Knapp Military Vehicles
12. Nash Drum Corps
13. Westport Fire Department
14. Fire Department Vehicles
15. Y’s Men of Westport/Weston
16. Westport Little League
17. Staples High School Band
18. Westport Soccer Association
19. Westport Lacrosse Association
20. Suzuki Music School of Westport
21. St. Paul Lutheran Church – Christian School
22. Al’s Angels
23. Downunder CT., LLC
24. Westport Woman’s Club
25. The Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts
26. Knights of Columbus – Council 3688
27. Coleytown Middle School Band
28. Westport Boys Scouts of America
29. Westport Historical Society
30. Westport Community Theatre
31. Westport Girl Scouts
32. The Y’s Women of Westport
33. Monroe Kohn Vehicle
34. Westport PAL
35. Rainbow Task Force
36. World Champion Taekwondo Westport
37. Bedford Middle School Band
38. Saugatuck River Power Squadron
39. Democratic Women of Westport
40. Westport Masonic Lodge Temple #65
41. Col. John Chester Fife & Drum Corps
42. Westport/Weston Family YMCA
43. Westport Sunrise Rotary
44. The Westport Library
45. SDSS Kung Fu
46. Save Our Strays, Inc.
47. Clasp Homes, Inc.
48. Builders Beyond Borders
49. First Night Westport-Weston
50. Music for Children & Beyond
51. Westport Make A Difference Day
53. Westport Transit District
54. Junior Colonials Fife & Drum Corps.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.