WESTON, Conn. – The Weston Historical Society and Friends of the Weston Public Library are presenting a World War I Remembrance series called “The War to End All Wars,” which includes an exhibition as well as a movie and lecture series. The exhibit will be open until Nov. 29.
Upcoming events include:
- Thursday, Sept. 11: “The War to End All Wars: The Beginning,” a lecture by Michael Nolan, professor of history at Western Connecticut State University. Lecture begins at 7:30 p.m. at Weston Historical Society Museum, 104 Weston Road, Weston.
- World War I Remembrance Exhibition. Photos, posters and artifacts, including those on loan from Weston families, will be on view from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays in September and Sundays in October at the Weston Historical Society, 104 Weston Road. Special tours are available by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call 203-226-1804 to arrange.
- Wednesday, Sept. 17: Academy Award winning movie for Best Picture, “All Quiet on the Western Front,” will be shown at 7 p.m. at the Weston Public Library.
- Thursday, Sept. 18: “World War I: The War on the Seas: The Vital Roles of Navies in the Great Trench” lecture will be given by Glenn Gordinier of Williams College. The lecture will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Weston Public Library.
- Tuesday, Sept. 23: “The Strange Career of General Pershing and the U.S. Army” will be presented by Maj. Andrew Florney, of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Lecture begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Weston Historical Society, 104 Weston Road, Weston.
- Thursday, Sept.25: The movie “Sergeant York” will be shown at 7 p.m. at the Weston Public Library.
- Wednesday, Oct. 1: The movie “War Horse” will be shown at 7 p.m. at the Weston Public Library.
- Thursday, Oct. 2: “The End of the War to End All Wars: The Aftermath and Impact on History” will be presented by Troy Paddock, professor of hHistory at Southern Connecticut State University. Lecture begins at 7:30 p.m. at Weston Historical Society, 104 Weston Road, Weston.
For more information on the exhibit, visit the website for the Weston Historical Society at www.westonhistoricalsociety.org or call 203-226-1804.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.