WESTPORT, Conn. – Wakeman Town Farm is getting ready for its third annual Farm-to-Table event set for 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13, on the farm's grounds.
Hors d’oeuvres and entrees, all made from local meats, cheeses and produce from area farmers, and prepared by talented chefs, will be served under a light-decorated tent.
Guests can also enjoy beer, wine, Prosecco and cocktails, as well as live music and a live auction. Auction items will include a Big Sur waterfront home stay; a private four-course dinner party for six at Sugar & Olives, prepared by Chef Jon Vaast; a trip for two to The Delamar Southport, including dinner at Artisan Restaurant; BMW racing bikes; and golf gear.
“The event is special to us, as it brings together the community, as well as local sustainable restaurateurs and food producers for a night of fun under the stars,” farm steward Mike Aitkenhead said. “We work hard all year, creating programs, tending gardens and running the farm, and this is a great way for us to celebrate all our efforts and show off the farm.”
The event serves as a fundraiser for making farm improvements, he added.
“This year, the funds we raise will go towards putting a new roof on the historic farmhouse and creating a classroom space for campers and students,” Aitkenhead said.
Additional funds will be used to support youth programs, summer camps and homesteading workshops.
Tickets are $150 per person, and are being sold via the Wakeman Town Farm Facebook page or its website . The event is for adults only.
The evening schedule is as follows:
- Cocktail Hour – Prosecco & Bellinis, wine tasting by Proulx Wines and Greens Farms Spirit Shop
- Hors d’oeuvres – Fairfield Cheese Co., Saugatuck Craft Butchery, Tierra, Collyer Catering
- Dinner Hour – wines poured by B.R. Cohn Winery and CT Distributors Inc.
- The Man Event – BONDA, Artisan, Le Farm, The Spread, Oak + Almond, DaPietro’s and AMG Catering
- After-Dinner Hour – dessert by Saugatuck Sweets, coffee bar by Shearwater Organic Coffee Roasters and Steam Coffee
- Entertainment – music by Last Call, live auction and fundraiser
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.