FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Pequot Library’s 54th Annual Summer Book Sale in Fairfield starts Friday, July 25, and runs through Tuesday, July 29.
Admission is free, and all sale proceeds help to fund Pequot Library's over 400 yearly programs and events focused on literature, music, art, science and the humanities.
Daily hours and pricing:
- Friday, July 25: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Double the marked price
- Saturday, July 26: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Priced as marked
- Sunday, July 27: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Priced as marked
- Monday, July 28: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Half the marked price
- Tuesday, July 29: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. $5 per bag day
Cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
The sale is organized into over 40 categories for easy shopping and includes CDs, DVDs, records, tapes, audiobooks, sheet music, music books, comic books and prints.
This year's sale features three new elements catering to collectors of older and scarcer books – a vintage children’s book section, special offerings of scarce and/or higher value items for book collectors and an advance sale for two specials.
The catalog of higher value items can be viewed on the library's website here. The advance sale allows buyers to purchase two “specials” at a premium of 25 percent above catalog price. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an advance sale appointment.
U.S. Attorney Deirdre M. Daly will signal the official opening of the Book Sale at 9 a.m. Friday, July 25, with the traditional firing of the library's starter cannon.
Pequot Episcopal Church will host “Park for Food” in their parking lot on the corner of Pequot Avenue and Center Street, on Saturday, July 26, and Sunday, July 27, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Volunteers will direct patrons to available parking spaces in exchange for canned food or donations. All proceeds will go to the St. Luke’s/St. Paul’s Food Pantry in Bridgeport.
Visit the library’s website or call 203-259-0346, ext. 15 to learn more.
- 1 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 2 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Westport
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Westport