FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Are you sill looking for a fireworks fix? Even as the Fourth of July holiday weekend begins to wrap up, there are still a few chances to enjoy pyrotechnics in Fairfield County.
Here is a list of fireworks shows planned in our towns on Monday and Tuesday.
Monday, July 4:
- Ridgefield: The Ridgefield Family Fourth Committee sponsors a fireworks display at Ridgefield High School starting at 6 p.m. The American Legion Post 78 will present the Air National Guard Band of the Northeast at 7 p.m. Rain date is Tuesday, July 5.
- New Canaan: Picnicking, live music, food and drink are on the agenda for New Canaan's annual Fourth festivities at Waveny Park, starting at 5 p.m. Fireworks begin at 9 p.m.
- Rowayton: Fireworks will light up the sky offshore from Bayley Beach. The fireworks, sponsored by the RCA, are launched from a barge beginning at 9:15 p.m. Rain date is July 5.
- Weston: The gates open at 4:30 p.m. at Weston Middle School where an array of family-friendly activities are part of the day's agenda including a mini triathalon for kids and adults, and a swim at Bisceglie-Scribner Park. Calise's Food Market offers a barbecue with live entertainment beginning at 6 p.m. The rain date is July 5.
- Wilton: Head to Wilton High School football field for an 8:30 a.m.Freedom Run Road Race followed later in the day by a 2:30 p.m. Republicans vs. Democrats Softball Game and later, live music with fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m.
Stratford : The fireworks will begin at dusk at Short Beach Park. The city moved the fireworks from Friday to Tuesday because of the rainy forecast lat week.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.