FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Are you sill looking for a fireworks fix? Even as the Fourth of July holiday weekend begins to wrap up, there are still a few chances to enjoy pyrotechnics in Fairfield County.
Here is a list of fireworks shows planned in our towns on Monday and Tuesday.
Monday, July 4:
- Ridgefield: The Ridgefield Family Fourth Committee sponsors a fireworks display at Ridgefield High School starting at 6 p.m. The American Legion Post 78 will present the Air National Guard Band of the Northeast at 7 p.m. Rain date is Tuesday, July 5.
- New Canaan: Picnicking, live music, food and drink are on the agenda for New Canaan's annual Fourth festivities at Waveny Park, starting at 5 p.m. Fireworks begin at 9 p.m.
- Rowayton: Fireworks will light up the sky offshore from Bayley Beach. The fireworks, sponsored by the RCA, are launched from a barge beginning at 9:15 p.m. Rain date is July 5.
- Weston: The gates open at 4:30 p.m. at Weston Middle School where an array of family-friendly activities are part of the day's agenda including a mini triathalon for kids and adults, and a swim at Bisceglie-Scribner Park. Calise's Food Market offers a barbecue with live entertainment beginning at 6 p.m. The rain date is July 5.
- Wilton: Head to Wilton High School football field for an 8:30 a.m.Freedom Run Road Race followed later in the day by a 2:30 p.m. Republicans vs. Democrats Softball Game and later, live music with fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m.
Stratford : The fireworks will begin at dusk at Short Beach Park. The city moved the fireworks from Friday to Tuesday because of the rainy forecast lat week.