WESTPORT, Conn. – James Mapes, a well-known performance coach and best-selling author, will speak in the Westport Library’s McManus Room on Aug. 25 about how a positive approach can improve your life.
The program is open to the public and there is no charge.
Mapes has worked as a clinical hypnotist, executive coach, medical facilitator and neuro-linguistic programming practitioner. His career, as well as his open-heart surgery experience, have shaped his strategies for health and wellness.
He notes “five keys to living an exceptional life.” He also touts reducing fear and anxiety, instilling a feeling of calmness, managing negative stress and improving immune function. All of these, he says, will lead to reduced pain and healing consciousness.
Mapes’ written works include “Quantum Leap Thinking: An Owner’s Guide to the Mind,” “The Workbook: The Magic of Quantum Leap Thinking,” and he has a two-CD program “Patient Pre-Op/Post-Op Healing Therapy.”
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 21 Percent In Westport
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Westport
- 5 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team