WESTPORT, Conn. – Pink Sumo Sushi & Sake Café, a new sushi restaurant in downtown Westport, recently raised nearly $900 for Homes With Hope, a Westport-based nonprofit that supports the homeless, the restaurant announced Friday.
On Dec. 12, the restaurant celebrated its grand opening with a sushi and sake tasting and pledged to donate 20 percent of the day’s proceeds to the nonprofit. In all, $888 is being donated to Homes With Hope, the restaurant said in a short announcement.
Homes With Hope provides supportive housing and programs for the homeless. The nonprofit operates the Gillespie Center, an emergency shelter for men and women on Jesup Road, and the Bacharach Community, which serves as an emergency shelter for mothers and their children.
Homes With Hope also offers permanent supportive housing, and operates a community kitchen and food pantry. To learn more about Homes With Hope, visit its website.
Pink Sumo, which officially opened in November, is at 4 Church Lane. Restaurant hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sundays from noon to 10 p.m. To make reservations, call 203-557-8080.
- 1 Westport Police Arrest Two After Lengthy Narcotics Investigation
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 3 Westport Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 5 Westport Schools Closed Thursday Due To Snowy Conditions