WESTPORT, Conn. – Pink Sumo Sushi & Sake Café, a new sushi restaurant in downtown Westport, recently raised nearly $900 for Homes With Hope, a Westport-based nonprofit that supports the homeless, the restaurant announced Friday.
On Dec. 12, the restaurant celebrated its grand opening with a sushi and sake tasting and pledged to donate 20 percent of the day’s proceeds to the nonprofit. In all, $888 is being donated to Homes With Hope, the restaurant said in a short announcement.
Homes With Hope provides supportive housing and programs for the homeless. The nonprofit operates the Gillespie Center, an emergency shelter for men and women on Jesup Road, and the Bacharach Community, which serves as an emergency shelter for mothers and their children.
Homes With Hope also offers permanent supportive housing, and operates a community kitchen and food pantry. To learn more about Homes With Hope, visit its website.
Pink Sumo, which officially opened in November, is at 4 Church Lane. Restaurant hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sundays from noon to 10 p.m. To make reservations, call 203-557-8080.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport
- 5 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station